12.07.2009

BATTLE STUDIES


If you didn't already know, I absolutely love John Mayer. The first time I saw John Mayer perform was when Iwas in 8th grade here in Richmond. I've been hooked ever since. I remember tickets for the show were maybe $10. Now they're a whopping $74! (I should know, I just bought tickets to see him not ONCE but TWICE this coming February and March).


Recently his fourth album came out; Battle Studies.

I love it. It's very similar to Heavier Things - his second album.

It's soothing, quiet, intimate and this is the first record he's recorded in his home studio. He produced the album with his drummer Steve Jordan.

I love everything about his music. He writes all of his own music. I am able to relate to each and every one of his songs and his voice is amazing. Plus he's pretty cute..actually, he's the sexiest guy in the world. (needless to say, my boyfriend hates him)

If you haven't heard any of his albums, I would recommend buying all of them; Room For Squares, Heavier Things, Continuum, and now Battle Studies.


Here's what I'm listening to right now:




the song is called EDGE OF DESIRE. it's a live, solo version that he recorded in his apartment and it's one of my favorites.


I'm laying here in the dark with nothing on but the 2 christmas candles glowing in my window and I am at peace. John Mayer does that to me.