12.11.2009

I'm 24 now....

A lot has happened within the last few days.

I turned 24,

and I've been running around doing birthday shopping with grandma, birthday dinner with friends and inbetween all of that studying for my exams next week.

My birthday turned out WONDERFUL. Even though I wasn't as excited about my birthday as I use to be when I was a little kid.

I'm terrible about putting pictures on here, but I will soon (maybe after the Secret Santa party I'm going to next weekend)

BUT here are some of the wonderful things I got for my birthday:

Fred got me a this Northface rain jacket I've been wanting. The weather here has been terrible these last 2months, we've had NOTHING but rain and I don't own a rain jacket. I've been using my Bridgwater umbrella (ella) everywhere I go.
My UNCLE Fred and his family got me a pair of diamond hoop earrings from Kay jewelers. I was really surpised when I opened the box, I wasn't expecting that much from them! The earrings are lovely and they called to tell me that they decided to "splurge" this year since I've been workin hard to finish my paralegal certificate.
Awhile back my mom and I went shopping down at the outlets in Williamsburg (my favorite) and I picked out some clothes so I got that from her
I received some other giftcards and money from co-workers and other family
But my MOST favorite gift was my great-grandmother's engagement ring!
My grandma is still wearing the wedding band that goes with it, but since my mom doesn't wear a lot of rings (because she works at the hospital and is always washing her hands and can't have a lot) she decided to pass it down to me! She had the ring sized and cleaned and it's beautiful! I love it. I just don't know what finger to wear it. I usually just wear two rings. One that Fred gave me last year for my birthday and my college ring. So the only finger I have available to put it on is my ring finger (but people say that's bad luck) so I guess I'm going to have to alternate between wearing the diamond ring and my college ring on the same finger
Altogether, I had a great birthday! I can't believe another YEAR has flown by. THIS MEANS this time next year I have to be moved out of my house. I can't be 25 and still living at home. People would think I was a freak! Plus Fred won't come visit me in Richmond until I have my own place that he can crash at anyways.
Well I'm off to work and I'm not looking forward to these next few days. I have so much studying to do and it's stressing me out. I've maintained an A in all of my courses thus far so hopefully I'll do okay, but I just get nervous when my tests are cumulative and one of them is 30 CHAPTERS long! Pray for me.
The upside of next week though is that I get to see FRED on Friday!!! I haven't seen him in a lonnnnnnnng time and I miss him A LOT. Then on Saturday, I am going to see a few of my girlfriends from Bridgewater for a Tacky Sweater Christmas Party at Erin's new townhouse in Fredricksburg! So, as much as I hate that exams are coming up, I wish they would be over so next week would get here faster!
Until then, I hope certain someone's have enjoyed reading my blog. I'm terrible at updating this thing. I promise pictures will come in the future! I'm just not savy enough to figure out how to do that on here like my friend Denise.