9.18.2009

FRIDAY

It's Friday and I'm about to go into work until 10 o'clock tonight. I am not looking forward to it at all. Most Friday's I wake up, pack my bags, and drive straight to Fred's house for the weekend, but not today. I have work & schoolwork that needs to be done and he has family coming in from Florida. This weekend I'll probably stay in and maybe go shopping with my mom. I'm still searching for the *perfect* dress to wear to Denise's wedding in a month. I've also realized that I'm turning into a homebody. When I'm not going to see Fred, I prefer to stay in, watch Dateline or study for whatever Paralegal test I have coming up. It's a good thing and a bad thing, because I know I'm missing out on fun. But deep down I just hate having to drive somewhere and worry about drinking and then having to stay the nite. I hattttte staying the nite at someone's place if my house is only 15min away. I just like curling up in my own bed.

However last weekend was a great excuse to get out. It was Fred's birthday and Denise's bridal shower weekend. I left Richmond early on Friday to celebrate Fred's birthday a day early with him. We went out to dinner and watched a movie in bed. The next day I made the voyage to Charlottesville, Virginia. I use to pass through Charlottesville all the time going to Bridgewater, but I hadn't been up there in awhile. I had forgotten how BEAUTIFUL Charlottesville really is. Plus, it was an extra treat coming up 29. When I drive to Charlottesville from Richmond it's a straight shot up 64 with no scenery, no nothing. Just 2 straight lanes of highway. But coming from Manassas, my GPS took me on Route 29 for an hour and a half through the most beautiful mountain scenery. The weather was nice too which made for a fun drive! I'll admit I was a little nervous driving by myself on the backroad because I still don't trust my GPS. But I made it to Emily's house just fine!

I had such a fun time seeing all my friends from Bridgewater and I'm really glad I stayed the night on Saturday. Typical me, I was planning on driving back to Richmond after the shower and curling up in my OWN bed, but after 5min of seeing everyone I knew I didn't want to leave. Everyone had a great time catching up, listening to music, and taking silly pictures. I can't wait to see everyone again NEXT weekend for the Bachlorette Party.

Well, I guess I better go get ready for work....hopefully 10 o'clock will come fast!