9.21.2010

COOKING

I'm attempting to bake again this week.

If you know me, you know that I never cook or bake. My mom and dad do all the cooking in our family (I sometimes assist). I can make a mean grilled-cheese, green bean casserole,heat anything up, and bake cookies and cupcakes (while studying the directions on the box hard). I once made Fred chicken alfredo with the assistance of my Italian friend, Gina.

Fred knows that I'm lost in the kitchen. I burnt the easy package mashed potatoes. Fred said it was impossible to burn mashed potatoes - I did. Luckily, Fred is a great cook so I know we'll never starve. Actually Fred and I would never starve, we would just go broke because we'd be eating out a lot or ordering in.

I am so jealous of my friends; Marianne, Gina, and Denise. They all LOVE to cook and bake! They are going to make perfect mothers and wives one day. I promised Fred I would get into the kitchen more and learn to cook some things so I'm a pro in the kitchen like those girls.
That is whyyyy this week and weekend I'm going to try again (I'm hoping to cook a meal for the boys with Denise or at least write down some of her recipes that look easy).

Fred and I are going to visit Denise & Stu at their home in Charlottesville. Last time, I made a dessert that everyone thought was gross (except for Fred, but I'm not sure if he was lying). So this time around I'm going to bake something different.....something like,

Pumpkin & Chocolate Chip Cookies!
Sound yummy? I'm going to the store tomorrow to get the ingredients I need and I'm going to whip up a big enough batch to take to work and to last this weekend. I hope my co-workers, boss and FRIENDS like them.
Wish me l-u-c-k