9.20.2010

A BUSY WEEKEND

Fred and I were all over the place this weekend. We couldn't have asked for better weather.

Friday was Adam & Arieanna's wedding: Fred looked oh so handsome in his tux. It was a beautiful ceremony at the Piedmont Country Club on the 18th hole. We had a great time with great friends. Unfortunately, I did not catch the bouquet. This linebacker of a woman was infront of me and I did not want to go up against her (she ended up knocking a girl to the ground for the bouquet, and then getting kicked out later because she was so drunk)

Saturday - we slept in til noon (literally), Fred made us breakfast and we watched football until we had to leave for Leesburg for my firm's bbq. We were in Leesburg for about 3 hours and decided to make an impromptu visit to Tripp & Marianne's in Woodstock. We got back on the road (even though we had to make a few pit stops along the way - we had terrible stomach problems from all the junk we'd eaten since Friday night) for another 40 minutes or so. The sun was setting and the drive was great. I LOVE THE MOUNTAINS. We were so excited to see Marianne and Tripp. We had such a great time with them.

Sunday - we slept in again, Tripp made everyone breakfast and the boys went golfing. Marianne and I went to the Edenburg Town Festival where we ate icecream and kettle korn, walked around and finally headed back home.

Unfortunately the redksins lost yesterday. I don't know how since they had a 17/10 point lead most of the game. This put Fred in a terrible mood. His parents fixed porkchops on the grill while we watched in agony the game in overtime.

It was hard getting up this morning, but it always is for me since I never rest on the weekends. Yes, Fred and I slept in but the 1hour and 15min drive up and back, as well as the late nights really wears me out. I love the weekends where Fred and I do nothing but just lounge. I can't wait for fall so I can snuggle up with him on the couch (in my snuggie) and fall asleep while he watches football.