7.15.2009

BUTTERFLIES

Well the butterflies are gone. I had my job interview this morning at 930. I think everything went well and I'm hoping for a call back for the second interview. The only reason I can think of that they wouldn't hire me is because there's one day during the week where I would have to leave work an hour early for class. Hopefully they will be able to work around it...but whoa whoa whoa, I'm thinking way to ahead. They have to call me back first and I have to dazzle them with legal knowledge and skills. I just wish my classes were done with. My friend Denise said to me yesterday that I should enjoy being job-less. Yes, it may have its perks; you can sleep in, stay up late, go on vacation but on the other hand you're BROKE and feel WORTHLESS. Luckily I still have Ukrops on occassions but that can't last forever.

My long-term goal is to finish my classes by next Spring and land a full time job. After that I would love to start acting like a grown-up and maybe moving into my own place. Ideally, I would love to move closer to Fred. Even though the drive from Richmond isn't too bad, it's still too far for us to see each other as much as we'd like. I've grown up in Mechanicsville and I love it, but I would also love to step out of my bubble and be on my own. I know most of my friends would say that I could never live on my own because my parents have spoiled me. They're right. My parents have spoiled me, but I can learn these things. I'm lucky enough to where I don't have to pay any bills, my mom cooks dinner every night and since I'm poor my parents loan me gas and spending money if I'm going somewhere. I hate it. I want to be able to make money on my own and show everyone that I can DO IT! More importantly, I want to show Fred that I be successful and bring in some dough. He can't be the breadwinner in this relationship forever.

Until then, I'll keep studying hard in my classes and continuing the job search. I know I'll find something soon. I just don't want to have to wait. I wish I could fast forward my life. My dream is to land a great career and live happily ever after with Fred. I hope it comes true...one day.